Costs associated with cooling your home can make up a large portion of your summer electric bills. Stay cool and save money with these energy efficiency tips!
- Close blinds and drapes during the day to keep heat out.
- Set your thermostat to 78 degrees when you are home. Set it to a higher temperature when you’re away.
- Turn off lights and ceiling fans when you leave a room.
- Plant trees and shrubs to shade the exterior of your home.
- Replace disposable air filters (or clean permanent filters) once a month to maximize efficiency.
- Use solar lighting to brighten up your outdoor space. Solar lights are easy to install, low maintenance, and provide free electricity.
For more ideas about saving energy around your home, go to JOEMC’s video library