The holiday season is finally upon us, and Santa and his elves have been incredibly busy as they gear up for their biggest night of the year. Make sure you STAY on his nice list by following these energy-efficient tips around the home:
- Turn off the lights when you leave the room and don’t use more lights or lamps than you need.
- Don’t leave any electronics, including televisions and video game systems, turned on after you’ve finished using them.
- Instead of turning up the heat, put on a cozy sweatshirt or a sweater. At night, use an extra blanket or comforter to stay warm.
- When going outside, make sure to shut the door behind you to keep heat inside your home. Keep windows down and locked. It’s also a good idea to close the refrigerator door as quickly as possible, instead of standing in front of an open fridge while deciding what you want.
- Keep doors inside the house open to let heat move freely through the house.