Are you prepared for the coming change of seasons? Simple changes and updates can make a big difference in your home’s monthly electric bill. Look below for some quick and easy things you can do to prepare your home for the fall.
- Have your chimney inspected for cracks so they can be filled to prevent cool air from leaking into your home.
- Seal air leaks in your attic to keep conditioned air inside. If you feel a draft then you have a gap to fill!
- Install a door sweep on exterior doors to prevent drafts from coming into your home.
- Caulk gaps around your windows to prevent inside air from escaping.
- Set your ceiling fans to rotate clockwise to lift cool air up and force heated air down towards your living space.
- Install and utilize window coverings like curtains or drapes. Keep them open during the day to allow heat from the sun to warm your home and close them at night to prevent heat loss.