Our local community is home to many veterans, many of whom are living with a disability. That’s why—for the third year—Jones-Onslow EMC, in conjunction with one of our financial partners, is searching for disabled veterans from its service territory to nominate for the No Barriers Warriors Expedition Program, a Colorado-based nonprofit organization.
The program, sponsored by Co-Bank, provides expeditions that mentally and physically challenge veterans on outdoor expeditions through mountaineering, rafting and rock climbing. Co-Bank covers the full cost for participants including meals, gear and travel expenses. These five-day expeditions offer veterans an opportunity to challenge limitations (both real and perceived) and to create a network of support that can last a lifetime.
TO BE CONSIDERED:
- Veterans must have VA disability rating to qualify
- Individuals can nominate a veteran
- Veterans can self-nominate
- Submit a letter summarizing the veteran’s military background, their VA disability rating, length of military service, and why they/you think attending a No Barriers expedition would be of benefit
- Send letter to email@example.com or to Paula Redick, Jones-Onslow EMC, 259 Western Boulevard, Jacksonville, NC 28546
- Once we receive your request, we will be in contact to give you further instructions on the application process
- Deadline to nominate is April 1, 2019