JOEMC’s new outage text alert program provides a convenient way to stay connected during a power outage. Using the everyday accessibility of text messaging, we can quickly and easily communicate with you about power outages.
Using the outage text alerts can give you peace of mind knowing that you won’t be caught by surprise. You can notify the co-op about an outage and then check on its status to you can make plans.
Signing up for outage text alerts is simple and easy and will only take a couple of minutes:
- Go to our website and click on “Report an Outage” located under Power Outages on our homepage. Locate Outage Text Alerts and click on the “Sign Up” button (you must have your account number to register).
- Enter your cell phone number and your account number. After submitting your info you’ll receive a text from (800) 681-4146 that provides a passcode number that you key in to complete the registration process.
- Remember to save (800) 681-4146 to your contacts on your cell phone so you can quickly report your outage when needed. Please note that standard text and data rates may apply.
The next time you experience a power outage, text our outage reporting hotline at (800) 681-4146 using the following keywords:
- OUTAGE to report a power outage
- STATUS to request the status of a power outage
- STOP to cancel participation in the outage text alert program
Please note that only these keywords will work with the outage text alert program.
For outage text alert HELP please call (910) 353-1940 or (800) 682-1515.
Members can also report outages by calling the JOEMC Office or by going to joemc.com and looking under POWER OUTAGES. To report an outage at the website you must have the account number, meter number or phone number associated with the account.