When you’re finished working and can get away with to explore the great outdoors the spring and summer, help your family have a great time by keeping these safety tips in mind:
- Never fly a drone or kite near electric power lines. Try to stay in the areas that are clear or open such as fields or parks. If you are flying something around power lines and it gets tangled, do not try to remove…leave it there!
- Never climb trees near power lines. Even if the power lines are not touching the tree they could touch when more weight is added to the branch.
- Do not climb electric poles and don’t play on or around pad-mounted electrical equipment.
- Never go into an electrical substation for any reason. Electrical substations contain high-voltage equipment which can be deadly. Never rescue a pet or retrieve a ball or toy that goes inside. Call JOEMC instead.
- Never make an attempt to throw anything over or towards power lines; and
- If you see a fallen power line, do not approach it—stay away from it and call JOEMC.