Report an Electrical Outage
- Check for blown fuses or tripped circuit breakers.
- Check with your neighbors. Ask if their electricity is off.
- JOEMC has several ways for you to report trouble. First, call the office at (910) 353-1940 or (800) 682-1515. From there you can speak with a cooperative employee OR you can report the problem via the automated outage reporting system. If you know of a problem which may have caused the outage, such as a tree on the line near your house, be sure to give this information to the co-op employee.
- You can also report a power outage by going to our website and looking for “Report An Outage” on the left-hand side of the homepage. You must have your account number, meter number, OR phone number (associated with the account) in order to report the outage online.
- Keep your refrigerator and/or freezer closed.
- Stay away from power lines on the ground. Do not attempt to remove trees or limbs from the lines.
NOTE: The cooperative’s automated outage reporting system will ask you for information regarding your situation; it records and categorizes that information, and then assists our operations center in dispatching line crews to the area for a quick response.