Electrical Safety Tips
- Never insert any metal objects into an appliance, such as a toaster, without first disconnecting it.
- Be careful not to overload circuits.
- Keep ladders, antennas and kites away from power lines.
- Never approach a downed power line. Warn others to stay away and call your electric company.
- Never touch anyone who is in contact with a power source.
- Install smoke detectors on every level of your home and outside each sleeping area. If the batteries are supposed to be changed in your smoke detector, change them twice a year when the time changes (Spring and Fall).
- Consider installing a carbon monoxide alarm to protect you against this odorless gas.
- Don’t overload outlets by plugging too many appliances into one outlet.
- Consider all power lines dangerous. Don’t touch!