When you are playing outdoors, keep a safe distance from power lines, substations, and other equipment your electric co-op uses to send electricity to your home.
Flying remote-controlled toys and kites are a great way to have fun, but accidentally making contact with a power line or other electrical equipment can be dangerous and, in some cases, even deadly.
- Never fly kites or remote-controlled toys near power lines.
- Stay away from power lines, meters, transformers, and electrical boxes.
- Never climb trees near power lines.
- If you get something stuck in a power line, call your electric co-op.
- Never touch or go near a downed power line.