Community born. Community led. Focused on YOU.
October is here, which means it’s National Co-op Month! This is the perfect time to celebrate JOEMC’s unique business model and tell you about the benefits cooperatives bring to our local communities.
Here are a few benefits YOUR cooperative brings to the community:
- We’re all about community. JOEMC was founded to serve the local community when others wouldn’t. We work hard to deliver reliable, affordable energy to our members.
- We’re focused on improving your quality of life and know that it is vital for us to provide essential services. That is why over the last several years, we have installed Advanced Metering Technology, created Daily Usage summaries to assist members in understanding the effect weather can have on their electric usage with a click of a button, and JOEMC began offering new ways for our members to pay their electric bills with programs like FlexPay and PayGo/Pay Where You Shop.
- We’re ready for the future. JOEMC strives to anticipate and plan for the future needs of our members and the communities we serve. We have invested in EV programs and doing the necessary updates to our infrastructure to serve you better.
- We’re about member satisfaction and service to the community. Each year, a portion of our excess revenue is returned to our members as a benefit from membership through our Capital Credit program.
- We’re committed to education. Today’s electric utility industry is complex, which makes it all the more critical to equip our staff and leaders with the knowledge, skills, tools, and resources needed to help our co-op thrive.
- We’re more than an energy provider. Because of our business model, we are a catalyst for good that spurs prosperity for our community. Last year, Jones-Onslow EMC donated funds to numerous charitable programs in our community, worked with educators by funding the Bright Ideas Grants, and provided scholarships to graduating seniors.
JOEMC doesn’t participate in these activities simply because it’s nice to do or even the right thing; we do it because we remain loyal to our members and neighbors and make life better in the communities we serve.
And that is how we celebrate Co-op Month every day!