It’s Co-op Month!
October is here, which means it’s National Co-op Month! Co-op Month is the perfect time to celebrate JOEMC’s unique business model and tell you about cooperatives’ unique benefits to our local communities.
For many reasons, you don’t have to be an expert on the co-op business model or the electric industry to see that JOEMC is a special place. Check out this list, and you can see just a few:
- We’re all about connecting with the community. JOEMC was founded to serve the local community when others wouldn’t. We work hard to deliver reliable, affordable energy to our members.
- We’re focused on providing essential services that can improve the quality of life for our members. In fact, over the last several years, we have launched Advanced Metering Technology, Daily Usage summaries
that you can see with a click of a button, and created new ways for our members to pay their electric bills with programs like FlexPay and PayGo.
- We’re ready for the future. JOEMC strives to anticipate and plan for the future needs of our members and the communities we serve. We have invested in community solar and EV programs and doing the necessary updates to our infrastructure to help you better.
- We’re about member satisfaction and service to the community. Each year, a portion of our excess revenue is returned to our members as a benefit of being a member of Jones-Onslow EMC through our Capital Credit program.
- We’re committed to education. Today’s electric utility industry is complex, which makes it all the more critical to equip our staff and leaders with the knowledge, skills, tools, and resources needed to help our co-op thrive.
- We’re more than an energy provider. Because of our business model, we are a catalyst for good that spurs prosperity for our community. Last year, Jones-Onslow EMC donated funds to numerous charitable programs in our community, worked with educators by funding the Bright Ideas Grants, and provided scholarships to graduating seniors.
JOEMC doesn’t participate in these activities simply because it’s nice to do or even the right thing; we do it because we remain loyal to our members and neighbors. We strive to make life better in the communities we serve.
And that is how we celebrate Co-op Month every day!