Change Text Size:
Compact Fluorescent Lights (CFL)
- The average life of a CFL is 10,000 hours compared to 750 hours for an incandescent bulb
- Using one CFL in place of an incandescent bulb can save you $4.80 annually
- You can save $36 in energy costs over the life of a CFL.
- The average house has 47 light fixtures
- CFLs work best in high traffic areas, they are not recommended for areas where the light is only used for a short time, such as a closet.
Visit our lighting calculator and see how much money you will saving by making the light switch!
Here’s a great way to save some money, and make some back to boot! Bring in or send us your receipts for purchases of compact fluorescent light lamp and you'll receive a $1 credit on your electric bill per CFL bulb purchased.
To receive the credit on your account:
- Send or bring in an original receipt. If the receipt does not clearly indicate the CFL purchase, please also include proof of purchase from the packaging (name of manufacturer and product).
- Write full name of the customer, account number, complete mailing address and daytime phone number on the receipt
- Account number to be credit must be an ACTIVE account
- Members are limited to receiving credits for the purchase of 20 CFL bulbs per year. Send all receipts to: Jones-Onslow EMC, CFL Rebate, 259 Western Blvd., Jacksonville, NC 2854
Bring your old CFLs to either Jones Onslow EMC office for recycling.